Blog creation!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

It's been years since I've had a blog.  I don't even believe in blogs.  But I figured that this time, I actually have a reason: my own faulty memory.  For my new years resolution this year, I decided that once a week, every week, I will make a meal from a different country.  In doing so, I hope to encounter new stories, new foods, new ethnic grocery stores, and share all of it with friends.

Since commitment is difficult for everyone, I hope this blog will not only help me keep my resolution but also help me remember it in the future.  I'll try to post the recipes, but as those who have seen me cook know, I am not a measurer.  Perhaps I will change, or perhaps you will have to get used to "handful" of this and a "dash" of that, Amelia Bedelia style.

Tomorrow marks my first recipe, which will be Vietnamese beef pho, after searching three different ethnic groceries for whole star anise.  Happy New Year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment